1. At first, you need to install ubuntu 12.04 on this link(32/64bit) to make up test bed
2. then, you need to install mininet using below commands to make virtual environment of hosts and switches
sudo apt-get install git
git clone git://github.com/mininet/mininet
3. to generate packet flows, install packETH that can make enormous packets with different mac and IP information on this link(optional)
after you copy the packETH.x.x.x.tar.gz file to our ubuntu server, unpack and install additional package to run it properly.
or you can use “sudo apt-get install packETH” easily. but, it’s not the latest version.
apt-get install libgtk2.0-dev
tar -zxvf packETH-1.7.3.tar.gz
4. to lunch graphic application of ubuntu server in windows system using ssh protocol, you need to install xming application on this link
5. I recommend you to install route flow and controller like pox, floodlight in another machine.
sudo apt-get install –yes build-essential git libboost-dev libboost-program-options-dev libboost-thread-dev libboost-filesystem-dev iproute-dev openvswitch-switch mongodb python-pymongo ssh vim
there would be an error happened while you are installing because of openvswitch, but i couldn’t find any issue still
git clone git://github.com/CPqD/RouteFlow.git
vi create // and then add “vim telnet” right after “chroot $LXCDIR/base/rootfs apt-get -y –force-yes install ”